On-Site Property Manager Role Description
The Property Manager position supports and assists in the day to day management of ALP’s North Nairobi Logistics Park. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping etc. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self- motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with the ALP team in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a close knit team.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Conduct daily inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Coordinate entry of all property information into the ALP’s electronic systems and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking.
- Assist with the establishment of the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Maintain and enforce the Scheme Rules and Regulations together with suggesting amendments and improvements.
- Co-ordinate with all 3rd parties providing services on ALP North site, including Tatu City central services and utilities.
- Prepare, memos, email, maintain files, prepare expense reports and other administrative forms, copying, and arrange for courier service and overnight deliveries.
- Maintain office clerical, filing and record keeping systems.
- Coordinate production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc.
- Assist in the production of monthly and annual reports.
- Assist in preparation of transaction related documents.
- Maintain contact and other databases for company.
- Aid in the production of departmental reports (e.g. business plans, financial statements, RFPs).
- Maintain adequate inventory of all office supplies and contact all vendors when maintenance is required on general office equipment.
- Coordinate regular inventories of all business property.
- Contractor coordination.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins.
- Obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property. Generate and track Service Orders, approvals and distribution.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site & off-site meetings and conference calls.
- Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference.
- Detailed verification of all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts.
- Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Read meters and calculate utility bill-backs to tenants.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
Scope of Responsibility and Authority
The Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with ALP’s goals and objectives.
In absence of Executive staff the Property Manager must provide “in charge” responsibilities for the property. These responsibilities include being on-call 24 hours, managing and delegating maintenance staff and contractors.
- Full-time salary position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with two to three years industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- 3+ years of directly relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience.
- Familiarity with industrial property a plus.
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong working knowledge of general office equipment (copiers, fax machines, scanners).
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive, initiate follow-through.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
Application CVs with a covering letter should be sent to email@example.com.